We’re in lockdown, meaning that we’re all spending more time at home. For those wanting to move and get their home on the market once life resumes, we’ve put together 20 ideas to keep you busy and improve the saleability of your home.
A fresh coat of paint
Fresh walls can completely transform a space so get out those brushes! Neutrals work best for selling a home but make it your own with a twist. We love the colours at Little Greene (www.littlegreene.com).
Anything and everything in sight! After all, what’s the point of taking it with you? It will also help your home be more appealing to buyers. Find some new storage solutions that help you use your space in a more efficient way.
Jobs for the home
- Reseal the bath
- Remove any grout mould in the bathroom
- Tighten any loose screws (door knobs, hinges etc)
- Remove pet hair from carpets with a window squeegee (Thanks, Mrs Hinch!)
- Deep clean your carpets
- Deep clean your fridge, oven & dishwasher – its likely you’ll leave these items behind so its important they’re in good condition
- Get your houseplants in good condition – prune and water them!
- Clean the windows inside and out
- Organise your bookshelf – alphabetise or colour code your books for a new look
- Wash or air your curtains outside to freshen them up
- Streamline your noticeboard – endless pieces of paper can look untidy and could give buyers the wrong impression.
Jobs for the garden
- Get rid of any weeds
- Rake up stray leaves
- Plant some seeds – beetroot, potatoes, courgettes and cucumbers are great options
- Tidy away toys
- Mow the lawn
- Paint the fence
- Clean up your patio – jet wash your patio and give some TLC to patio furniture.
Alone these are small steps to keep you busy over the lockdown period, but even a few of them together will help your home on its way to the market, giving your home that quality finish buyers look for.